VMblog: To kick things off, can you give readers a little background on Datrium and what you do?
Datrium: Datrium provides a hybrid cloud platform for running critical, high performance workloads on-prem with integrated cloud data mobility and protection. Customers choose Datrium over alternatives because it's simple at scale, cost-effective and high performance, and includes 'invisible' backup on prem and in the cloud.
VMblog: As a VMworld 2018 sponsor, how can people find you this year?
Datrium: VMworld attendees can find Datrium in the Expo Hall at Booth #1350. Datrium will also be at the House of Blues on Monday, 8/27 at 7PM for ‘Resilient & Ready to Party'.
VMblog: What is new with Datrium at VMworld?
Datrium: Datrium will be demonstrating our new CloudShift DR orchestration service announced on August 14. CloudShift is a SaaS-based DR orchestration service for VMware that combines radically simple operation, low recovery point objectives (RPO), low AWS cloud cost, and end-to-end readiness assurance. The combination of Datrium's single data stack design, which is inclusive of both primary and backup data, together with its SaaS platform for hybrid clouds, ensures enterprises can finally handle the challenge plaguing most real or tested disaster recovery (DR) events: predictable success.
Come by booth #1350 and see how Cloud DR with CloudShift and VMware Cloud on AWS can be made simple, fail proof, and cost effective with lower RPO.
VMblog: Explain why a VMworld attendee should add you to their MUST SEE list?
Datrium: VMware will be talking a lot about VMware Cloud on AWS at VMworld this year. As a VMware partner, Datrium has developed a completely unique solution that combines VMware Cloud on AWS with Datrium CloudShift to deliver true on-demand cloud DR. Spin up a Cloud DR site when disaster strikes and turn it off after you failback to your data center, all fully orchestrated and pre-validated. Sound too good to be true? Come by the booth and see it for yourself.
VMblog: What are you looking forward to most at VMworld this year?
Datrium: Great demos, mind-blowing magic tricks, awesome parties and winning great prizes - in fact all are possible at the Datrium booth #1350.
VMblog: Does your company have any speaking sessions during the show? If so, can you give us the who, what, when and where?
Datrium: You have many sessions to choose from to hear from Datrium:
- Monday, 8/27, 11:00 AM, Session CODE5557U, Battle Royale: SysAdmin vs DevOps Engineer; Speaker: Clint Wyckoff, Datrium
- Tuesday, 8/28, 11:30 AM, Session HYP3720BUS, Automatic Failover to AWS when a wildfire approaches your data center; Speakers: Stuart Lewallen, Sonoma County and Sazzala Reddy, Datrium
- Tuesday, 8/28, 12:00 PM, Session VMTN5618U, The DR site is dead, long live DR! On-demand DR on VMware Cloud on AWS; Speaker: Ganesh Venkitachalam, Datrium
- Tuesday, 8/28, 2:30 PM, Session VMTN5508U, Harnessing the vCommunity to further your career; Speaker: Simon Long, Datrium
- Tuesday, 8/28, 4:00 PM, Session VAP1454BU, Faster Home Loans on VMware vSphere Mean More Financial Services Revenue; Speakers: James Jordan, Certainty Home Loans and Greg Kleiman, Datrium
- Thursday, 8/30, 11 AM, Session VMTN5977U, Existing Choices to Leverage VMware Cloud on AWS for DR, Andre Leibovici, Datrium
VMblog: Attendees always enjoy a good trade show tchotchke. Are you guys giving away anything special or interesting this year?
Datrium: Stop by the Datrium booth #1350 for a chance to win a Rad Mini electric bike and other 'insane' prizes.