"2018 has been incredible so far, with expanded partnerships, new innovations, accelerated sales and progression toward our vision of simplifying how companies operate in a multi-cloud world," said Ron Nash, CEO, Pivot3. "Given our growth and the lab-validated performance of our solutions over other HCI options on the market, people are recognizing Pivot3 as the performance and efficiency leader."
Pivot3's developments in Q1 2018 include:
- Announcement of Pivot3 Cloud Edition on Amazon Web Services, enabling customers to simplify, optimize and automate their use of multi-cloud environments. This is part of Pivot3's strategy to unify on-premises and public cloud infrastructures and address the many challenges IT faces in reducing costs while improving agility.
- Launch of the Pivot3 Acuity X3 Series HCI solution, which brings enterprise-grade features to a wider range of use cases - including remote and branch offices, edge computing, small-to-medium sized businesses and enterprises - that require a smaller datacenter footprint.
- More than 60-percent increase in bookings in Q1 2018 compared to Q1 2017, with the average sale price increasing by 74 percent over the same time period. Sixty-seven percent of its Q1 sales were comprised of large enterprise and Fortune 1000 customers.
- Increase in customers using HCI to support multiple mixed-application workloads, with a 56-percent increase from Q4 2017 to Q1 2018. Pivot3 also saw continued momentum with Internet of things smart city and safe city use cases, with governments and regional agencies using Pivot3 HCI to help increase public safety and operate more efficiently.
- Growth of the Pivot3 Global Channel Partner Program, with deal registrations from the channel increasing by more than 255 percent in Q1 2018 compared to Q1 2017, and a 76-percent increase in new partners from Q4 2017 to Q1 2018.
- Growth of its Lenovo relationship worldwide, with more than 100-percent expansion of joint sales over the prior quarter and expansion of the Lenovo-based portfolio of products.
- Recognized as a Challenger in the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructure by Gartner, Inc. based on the company's ability to execute and completeness of vision. 1
- Earned a 5-Star rating in CRN's Partner Program Guide for the fourth consecutive year.
- Recognized on JMP Securities' Super 70 list of the hottest privately-held companies in the cybersecurity, data management and communications infrastructure industries.
"Pivot3's policy and priority-based intelligence engine gives the company a unique edge, especially for customers looking into hybrid and multi-cloud strategies for the future," said Mike Leone, senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). "As customers begin to leverage public clouds to augment on-premises IT resources, solutions like Pivot3 will play a key role in reducing costs and improving IT agility and services."
"Pivot3 has staked its claim on innovation and bringing unique new capabilities to market, which is why we're consistently winning against the largest IT companies in the world," said Nash. "As we progress on the journey to bring Pivot3's intelligence engine and simplified management to the public cloud, we remain firm in our commitment to supporting high-end enterprise computing with simple to use yet technologically sophisticated solutions."