VMblog: As a VMworld 2017 sponsor, how can people find you this year?
Pluribus Networks: Pluribus Networks will be at VMworld with a 10 x 20 booth #821 located in the front section of the hall on the right-hand side. We will have a team of data center and networking experts giving solution based presentations and available to answer any question on our products.
VMblog: Is there anything unique about this year's booth setup? Do you have a theme?
Pluribus Networks: Our theme is simplifying the Software-Defined Data Center. Pluribus Networks will offer presentations in our booth that will highlight key integration points with the VMware environment:
- An Introduction to Pluribus Networks
- Optimizing NSX and VXLAN deployments
- Automating network, compute and storage through vCenter
- Optimizing Hyper-converged environments
- Monitoring the VMware Environment
VMblog: Can you give readers a few reasons why your product or service is considered unique?
1) The foundation of Pluribus Network's differentiation is the innovative and unique Netvisor network virtualization software. The software is purpose built and changes how networks are built. Netvisor software runs on open networking switch hardware. Netvisor is a virtualized Network Operating System (NOS) that provides a best-in-class layer 2 and layer 3 networking foundation, distributed fabric intelligence and virtualizes the switch hardware, similar to how VMware® virtualizes a bare metal server. Switch virtualization decouples network resources from the underlying hardware to create multiple network containers on a single device that can be dynamically allocated. The Netvisor software is optimized to run on open networking hardware, eliminating hardware lock-in and providing customers' the choice of hardware to build their networks. Due to the virtualization, a single switch can instantiate multiple network containers, each with their own virtualized router, to support granular east/west and north/south network segmentation, strict multi-tenant services and the integration of virtualized network services and functions.
2) Pluribus Networks offers a unique and highly differentiated approach to Software-Defined Networking (SDN). Pluribus Networks has changed the way SDN operates and has radically simplified the architecture, and operational model. Its recent launch of the Adaptive Cloud FabricTM will empower organizations to speed their transition to a Software-Defined Data Center with a simpler and non-disruptive architecture that makes it easier to deliver, manage and secure service delivery across clouds and devices. The Adaptive Cloud Fabric operates without a controller, and delivers a more dynamic, resilient and elastic network that adapts to change and a wide-range of deployment scenarios to streamline operations, improve efficiency and lower costs.
3) Our Insight Analytics software is a performance management platform that leverages the embedded telemetry of the Netvisor OS, and other data sources, to enable true pervasive visibility across the network. Since it is part of the network, it monitors at the speed of the network to track all traffic flows, connections and transactions to reveal network and application performance that speeds troubleshooting and improves operational and enhances security intelligence. Our vProbe technology adds the same telemetry found in our network fabric and extends visibility into a VMware server providing metrics for all application traffic traversing the hypervisor. The result is comprehensive visibility across compute, storage and the network, including intra-sever, and east/west traffic. In addition, Insight Analytics can see into NSX tunnels to provide deeper visibility complete visibility of intra-NSX traffic
4) Our Integrations with vCenter enables one-touch provisioning for the network along with compute and storage. This enables the application and storage administrators to seamlessly provision the network, including VLAN and VXLAN definitions through their familiar interface speeding time to deployment.
Pluribus Networks offers a unique and highly differentiated approach to software-defined networking. Creating solutions that eliminate the drawbacks of the traditional network services. The key factors that differentiate the company from its competitors are the Pluribus Netvisor virtualization software and the Pluribus Insight Analytics software. The company's unique innovation delivers the industry's only virtualized network operating system software, the only distributed software-defined network fabric that does not require a controller-and a fabric that embeds advanced visibility telemetry and intelligence.
VMblog: Why should a VMworld attendee add you to their MUST SEE list?
Pluribus Networks: Pluribus Networks is a new member of the VMware SDDC Technology Alliance Program. Our Adaptive Cloud Fabric provides a simple, dynamic and secure approach that empowers the high-performance private cloud with a scalable network that brings the benefits of cloud-scale, elasticity and adaptability to the modern VMware-based SDDC. Our simple approach to open networking enables organizations to take full advantage of VMware's next-generation SDDC services without unnecessary cost or complexity.
- Geographically distributed underlay network fabric integrated with VMware
- Simplifying VXLAN networking for VMware NSX
- VSAN-aware DCI for hyper-converged stretching and scale-out architectures
- vCenter-driven automation and one-touch provisioning across network, compute and storage
- VMware-aware analytics with hypervisor and East/West visibility for network, compute and storage
VMblog: How does your company and product fit within the VMware ecosystem?
Pluribus Networks: Pluribus Provides a scalable and distributed network foundation to power the SDDC. We have deep integrations that simplifies deploying and operating this environment.
VMblog: What are you looking forward to most at VMworld this year?
Pluribus Networks: To build the foundation for our new membership in the SDDC Technology Alliance Partner program, and getting customer feedback on the integrations we have developed for the VMware environment. We believe that we have some really unique capabilities to offer, but see our participation at VMworld as the opportunity to validate and align with the user community.
VMblog: What would you say to prospective attendees who are thinking about attending VMworld but aren't sure if it's worth it or not?
Pluribus Networks: VMworld is one of the top events for cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology. This is the place to be to understand the future of the Software Defined Data Center, and connect with the leading vendors that are making things happen. VMware redefined the server market, so you could catch the next trend just by being here.
VMblog: What do you hope to come away with from exhibiting at VMworld?
Pluribus Networks: Pluribus Networks hopes that it will come away with stronger relationships and to have meaningful discussion with customers. Aside from our goal of having people walk away understanding what Pluribus Networks is all about, we also want to learn from our interactions with the industry's most innovative IT customers.
VMblog: Do you have any tips for first time attendees of VMworld that you'd like to share?
Pluribus Networks: It's a long show, pace yourself and don't drink too much... And - be sure to stop by and see what Pluribus Networks can do for your organization.
VMblog: Attendees always enjoy a good trade show tchotchke. Are you guys giving away anything special or interesting this year?
Pluribus Networks: Of course, but you'll need to stop by to find out what...
VMblog: Does your company have any speaking sessions during the show? If so, can you give us the who, what, when and where?
Pluribus Networks: We will have ongoing presentations throughout the expo hours in our booth to introduce attendees to how Pluribus Networks integrates with, and optimizes VMware SDDC deployments.
VMblog: Are you guys throwing or involved with any type of party during the week of the event?
Pluribus Networks: Well, we are a small earlier stage company. If everybody comes by to see us this year and buys some of our products, we should be able to have a cool party next year!
Make sure to visit with Pluribus Networks at booth #821 at VMworld. The challenge is on! Find out more about their solution and start buying up product so we can add another cool party to the list next year. I love it.