VMblog: You guys are sponsoring the VMworld 2015 event coming up. How can folks find you at the show?
CloudGenix: CloudGenix will demonstrate its software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) solutions in VMworld's New Innovator's Pavilion at Booth NI4.
VMblog: And if an attendee visits your booth, what message will they take back with them?
CloudGenix: Software-defined WAN innovator CloudGenix revolutionizes networking by transforming legacy WANs into a radically simplified, secure application-defined fabric and virtualizes heterogeneous underlying transports into a unified hybrid WAN. CloudGenix enables customers to build "Networks Without Networking" and achieve 10-100X better WAN performance at 50-80 percent cost savings by moving from MPLS to an active-active hybrid WAN environment.
VMblog: Why should attendees put CloudGenix on their "must see" list?
CloudGenix: CloudGenix is a must-see this year because its SD-WAN technology is disrupting 25 years of traditional, incumbent WAN technology. By eliminating hardware and creating an SD-WAN solution, CloudGenix provides customers with a secure, simple and flexible solution on an application-defined fabric. Benefits include:
- Operational Simplicity - alleviating common WAN management and configuration problems
- Cost Savings - reducing hardware costs with COTS x86 hardware
- Central Control, Productivity Gains - by providing rapid provisioning on the WAN based upon business rather than network attributes
- Applications First - Build and manage network with applications not by routing protocols using application SLA-based policies.
Our customers especially like the CloudGenix SD-WAN because it can all be implemented gradually - branch office by branch office - rather than as a "rip-and-replace" of existing infrastructure.
We will have several customers at the show with us if attendees what to talk to them about what it's like to have and implement a software-defined WAN.
VMblog: What do you like most about sponsoring VMworld? Why is this a must sponsor event for your company?
CloudGenix: VMware continually inspires us by its dedication to simplifying and virtualizing complex datacenter environments. The event brings together the greatest technology luminaries in software-defined and virtual environments, and it is a wonderful opportunity to share the CloudGenix story and philosophy on software-defined networking. We want to convey the value of software-defined WANs to other industry leaders and discuss the benefits of virtualized infrastructures with industry experts. Lastly, we want to illustrate how a CloudGenix software-defined WAN delivers a higher-performance, more cost-effective alternative to legacy WAN technologies.
VMblog: Can you give VMblog readers a sneak peek as to what you will be showing off at your booth this year?
CloudGenix: We'll be showing a live demo of CloudGenix Software-defined WAN. With any new technology that offers so many benefits and is such a departure from the traditional - seeing is believing. We will show..
- How you build an application network with CloudGenix
- Operational simplicity - How it's set up an active-active Hybrid WAN
- How CloudGenix responds to brownouts.
- Application based troubleshooting and visibility
- Reporting and analytics
VMblog: Tell us, why do you consider your product unique?
CloudGenix: CloudGenix literally changes the way companies build their WANs
- No Overlay Routing Protocols - We are not simplifying or automating routing protocols we are building a network without them. Cloudgenix leverages API's to communicate policies
- COTS (X86) Hardware - Reduced branch footprint with high performance data plane
- Applications Not Packets.- Path selection, performance monitoring, business prioritization based on applications not routing protocols.
- Business Context Based Policy - Use plain business language for application SLA's and verifiable compliance
- Highly Available- Connectivity and availability maintained even if controller goes off line. Application specific brown out detection & mitigation
- Secure Application Segmentation - Topology & transport independent. Dynamic security perimeter with services
VMblog: Most VMworld attendees enjoy a good giveaway or trade show tchotchke. Are you guys giving away anything special or interesting this year?
CloudGenix: Software-Defined WAN is a hot new space. We'll be handing out free copies of Software-Defined WAN for Dummies Books. A great way to understand this new technology.
VMblog: Does your company have any speaking sessions during the show? If so, can you give us the who, what, when and where?
NET6615-QT - Extending the Power of Software Defined Networking to the Retail Branch
Sunday, Aug 30, 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Today's branch is evolving rapidly. Internet connectivity with direct breakout to cloud-based applications as well as general internet is ubiquitous. omni-channel applications and initiatives to grow top line revenue while at the same time enhancing security and compliance posture must be rolled out rapidly at the speed of business. In this session, we will walk you through how the rich capabilities and API's within NSX and vSphere can be extended to the branch enabling customers to rapidly and cost effectively enable the following capabilities using Commodity off the Shelf Hardware:
- Software defined security perimeter with rich security services delivered directly at the branch or "projected" from service clouds in vCloudAir
- Extension of Data Segmentation across the WAN to the branch based upon business policy and compliance requirements without relying on underlying carrier protocols
- Measuring and controlling end user experienced application performance for cloud as well as internal applications.
Technologies covered will be Software Defined Enterprise-Software Defined Data Center + Software Defined WAN, NSX, vcloudAir, Security, and Application Performance Analytics, Palo Alto Networks and Arkin.
VMblog: Is this your first time sponsoring VMworld?
CloudGenix: CloudGenix is an early-stage startup; as such, this is our first year exhibiting at tradeshows. VMworld was at the top of our list because its attendees represent the most innovative IT professionals in the world. These progressive thinkers are the first to adopt promising new technologies like SD-WAN.
VMblog: And what are you guys looking forward to most at the show?
CloudGenix: CloudGenix is thrilled to sponsor VMworld this year. Virtualization is a key element to our technology, and it's a significant topic that affects network architecture, performance and security. VMworld provides the ideal opportunity to showcase SD-WAN technology and discuss our evolving use cases to a high-profile audience. It's also a really creative and innovative environment, which is exciting to be part of.
Do you agree about this technology sounding interesting? Good. Make sure to visit CloudGenix in the New Innovator's Pavilion at Booth NI4.