VMblog: How can people find you at DockerCon 2018?
NeuVector: We are proud to be a Bronze Sponsor at DockerCon18 and we'll be sending our top subject matter experts as well as our Docker Captain to take part in the event. You can find us at NeuVector Booth B15, but also keep an eye on our Twitter feed @NeuVector.
VMblog: Is there anything interesting or unique about this year's booth setup? Do you have a theme?
NeuVector: Our theme is "Deploy Kubernetes with Confidence - NeuVector is the first and only multi-vector container security platform."
VMblog: If an attendee likes what they see and hear at your booth... what message about your product can you send them back with to sell their boss on your technology?
NeuVector: Great question!
- 50% of all attacks come from inside and spreads laterally in your network - NV protects you against that.
- Containers on average consist of 70% open source libraries thus must be scanned during development and in runtime to protected from backdoors.
- Current firewalls and WAF's don't protect Kubernetes e-w traffic. NV uses the container network as the first line of defense.
- To provide full K8S security - customers must protect the host, containers & network - NV correlates events from all three to prevent and respond to attacks.
- NV focuses entirely on providing security for K8S and OpenShift and will be the right platform for you regardless if you choose K8S or OpenShift.
- Example of a costly attack:https://www.pymnts.com/news/security-and-risk/2018/equifax-cost-275m/amp/
- NeuVector Company Overview link: https://neuvector.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NeuVector-Overview-1pg-2Col-03192018.pdf
VMblog: Why should a DockerCon attendee add you to their MUST SEE list?
NeuVector: We have new 2.0 features that we plan to demo. It will include the layer 7 container firewall, process and file system monitoring, automated security response, and registry scanning and Jenkins plug-in. This makes NeuVector the only container security platform for the entire Build-Ship-Run pipeline, with extensive network inspection and protection.
VMblog: What do you like most about sponsoring DockerCon?
NeuVector: DockerCon will feature topics and content covering all aspects for Docker and it's ecosystem that's suitable for developers and architects. As you learn how others are using Docker platforms and containers, NeuVector, the leader in Kubernetes security, can provide the first and only multivector container security platform for confident deployment of an enterprise-wide container strategy.
VMblog: If you would, please explain or give readers a few reasons why your product or service is considered unique?
NeuVector: There are a number of reasons why we are unique, such as:
- A multi-vector kill chain demands a multi-vector security solution.
- 100% focus on Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Imaging scanning is not enough to protect a container deployment. Security teams are left blind if there is not visibility into the east-west traffic between containers. Only the NeuVector multi-vector container security platform delivers this.
- The first and only multi-vector container security platform combining east-west traffic visibility, container protection, and host security in a highly integrated, automated security solution.
- The only true network packet filtering firewall for Kubernetes and OpenShift - others don't inspect connections and can't see into Layer 7 and do deep packet inspection.
- Complete Kubernetes protection with network runtime firewall, endpoint security, and compliance auditing: to be able to detect an attacks ‘kill chain' at multiple points.
VMblog: How does your company and product fit within the Docker or container ecosystem?
NeuVector: The ecosystem for Docker and Kubernetes provides much needed solutions to complement the platform, such as security. NeuVector is the only container security platform which Docker Certified.
NeuVector is integrated with Docker EE and Kubernetes to enhance the built-in security features of DockerEE for business critical deployments. NeuVector adds critical network visibility and protection as well as host and container security.
VMblog: Is this your first DockerCon event as a sponsor? If not, what keeps you coming back?
NeuVector: NeuVector was a DockerCon sponsor at last year's conference in Austin Texas and at Copenhagen Denmark. It is an exciting conference with great content and the attendees are the people defining the future of applications development, deployment, and security.
VMblog: What are you looking forward to most at this year's event?
NeuVector: It would be interesting to see how many people are deploying containers or are still evaluating different orchestration tools. And if they have thought about security around containers.
VMblog: What would you say to prospective attendees who are thinking about attending DokcerCon but aren't sure if it's worth it or not?
NeuVector: Enterprises are moving quickly toward a container-based application deployment strategy, across multi-cloud and on-prem platforms. By attending this event, you'll have an opportunity to learn how others are using docker platforms and containers. And while you're there, NeuVector will be present to help you secure those environments.
VMblog: What do you think we need to do collectively as an ecosystem to strengthen the industry?
NeuVector: We should all encourage our customers to present and document case studies for their deployments, with lessons learned and tips for new teams embarking on this journey.
VMblog: That's a great observation! And what do you hope to come away with from exhibiting at DockerCon?
NeuVector: Great conversations, demos, new prospects, building and solidifying our partnership with Docker.
VMblog: Do you have any tips for first time attendees that you'd like to share?
NeuVector: This is a great event that will give you access to meaningful networking experiences, over 120 sessions to choose from that can help you focus on your key priorities and an opportunity to evaluate 75+ exhibitors that will showcase the latest technologies in the container space.
VMblog: Attendees always enjoy a good trade show tchotchke. Are you guys giving away anything interesting this year?
NeuVector: We have some really cool Cloud T-Shirts being given away this year, and Gourmet Coffee Cards, so make sure you come by and visit us.