VMblog: What are some of the key things that customers, partners and the industry as a whole should know about IGEL?
Jed Ayres: Over the past two decades, IGEL has risen to become a world leader in endpoint management for the secure enterprise, delivering its innovative software via thin clients and all-in-one thin client solutions. At our core, it is the software that has driven our success and that of our partners and customers. Revolutionary in simplicity and purpose-built for the enterprise, IGEL software solutions are more intuitive, secure and scalable than any other solution on the market.
One of the most important things that attendees will learn from IGEL at DISRUPT EUC is how to harness the power of our software-defined endpoint management solutions to deliver a simple, smart and secure end-user computing experience. Key initiatives for IT enterprises during 2018 in which IGEL has the ability to be a significant enabler are:
- Securing the endpoint with "Secure Boot" so you know the BIOS has not been hacked
- Migrating to Windows 10 without the need to upgrade CPU and/or RAM
- Cloud onboarding made easy
VMblog: Please tell us why IGEL's products and solutions are considered unique.
Ayres: Only IGEL has a solution for ANY 64-bit x86 endpoint:
- Thin and zero client devices
- All-in-One thin client devices
- IGEL OS on a USB stick (UD Pocket) - plug it in to temporarily convert any PC into an IGEL-powered endpoint
- PC Converter software (UDC3) - install it to convert any PC into an IGEL-powered endpoint
Only IGEL offers endpoint management with more than 7,000 control settings and more than 100 templates to help IT improve productivity and speed time to value.
Only IGEL offers a secure OS with a custom partitioning (ask us why that is important at the show!)
Only IGEL UMS enables enterprises to remotely control all of their endpoints from a single dashboard interface. With IGEL, one IT person managing 20,000 endpoints is quite feasible.
Only IGEL UDC3 and UD Pocket devices have Secure Boot validation, offering yet another layer of endpoint security that protects against malware and other cyber threats.
VMblog: Tell us about the DISRUPT End User Computing Forum you are holding in Las Vegas. What are the dates for the event, and where will it be located?
Ayres: Earlier this year, IGEL launched the DISRUPT End User Computing (EUC) Forum as a way to bring together industry thought leaders, customers and solution provider partners to discuss the latest innovations in EUC and workspace management. During Q1 2018, IGEL held DISRUPT events in Bremen, Germany; Austin, Tex.; and, Melbourne, Australia. In addition to featuring top industry leaders, customer best practices and deep dive trainings, the events also featured solution demonstrations by IGEL ecosystem and channel partners.
Due to the popularity and success of the DISRUPT events, we decided to add a fourth "mini" DISRUPT event to the calendar in Las Vegas, to be held concurrently with VMworld, from August 26-28, 2018 at Border Grill at Mandalay Bay.
VMblog: What will be some of the highlights of DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas?
Ayres: There will be a lot going on during DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas, including a DISRUPT EUC TV studio set up directly in front of Border Grill where we will be interviewing IGEL partners and customers regarding their experiences with IGEL's smart, simple and secure endpoint management solutions.
On Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28 attendees will have an opportunity to hear from key IGEL ecosystem partners, channel partners and customers regarding their success with End User Computing, and how they are Disrupting the industry. Presentations will take place every 30 minutes from 11am to 6pm on Monday, August 27, and from 11am to 4:30pm on Tuesday, August 28.
Among the top reasons why attendees should attend DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas include:
1) To learn why a software-defined endpoint management strategy is of key importance to enterprise security, IoT, cloud and mobility initiatives.
2) To grab a UD Pocket, so that you can go back to the office and show your boss how easy the migration to Windows 10 and VDI could be with IGEL on the endpoint.
3) To enter for a chance to win $20,000 and become an IT Baller!
VMblog: Will IGEL be hosting any special events during DISRUPT EUC?
Ayres: Yes, some of the key events attendees won't want to miss include:
- IGEL Technical Boot Camp - Sunday, August 26 from 11am to 4pm. During this event, attendees will have the opportunity to earn their IGEL Certified Engineer (ICE) status through this intensive, one-day training course. Key topics will include the IGEL product portfolio; Universal Management Suite configuration; Citrix and VMware configuration; IGEL Cloud Gateway; and, troubleshooting scenarios.
- IGEL Happy Hour - Sunday, August 26 from 4pm to 5:30pm.
- IGEL Partners VIP Luncheon - Monday, August 27 from Noon to 1:30pm.
- IGEL Happy Hour - Monday, August 27 from 4pm to 6pm.
- IGEL Customer Luncheon - Tuesday, August 28 from Noon to 1:30pm.
- IGEL Happy Hour - Tuesday, August 28 from 4:30pm to 6pm.
For more information, or to register for any of these events visit:
All events will take place at the Border Grill in Mandalay Bay.
Additionally, on Wednesday, August 29 from 11am to 3pm, IGEL will be hosting an IT Baller Pool Party at Moorea Beach Club at Mandalay Bay. The event will culminate at 3pm with the drawing of the second winner of the IT Baller sweepstakes.
In 2018, IGEL is giving away $120,000 to help IT Pros become IT Ballers by saving money, improving operations and increasing security. Throughout the year, there are six opportunities to win $20,000. To enter the IT Baller sweepstakes, participants must complete a short survey www.igel.com/itballer-contest/ by entering the code VMBLOG.
VMblog: Will IGEL be demonstrating any products during DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas?
Ayres: Yes, among the IGEL solutions being demonstrated during at DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas are the IGEL Universal Management SuiteTM (UMS), the IGEL Universal Desktop ConverterTM (UDC3), the IGEL Cloud GatewayTM(ICG) and IGEL UD PocketTM micro thin client, winner of a Gold Stevie Award in 2017 American Business Awards; and, its full line-up of IGEL OSTM-powered Universal DesktopTM (UD) thin clients and all-in-one thin client solutions.
VMblog: Why should people come to DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas?
Ayres: By 2020, we'll see over 50 billion connected devices and this is bringing massive transformation for the EUC market as organization face rising endpoint challenges. From the migration to Windows 10 to endpoint security demands and the need to simplify device management while lowering computing costs, end user computing is fast becoming a top IT priority. DISRUPT EUC addresses these challenges and more. Featuring top industry thought leaders, customer best practices sessions and deep dive trainings, this series of events has become the center for EUC disruption in 2018.
VMblog: Will you be offering any cool giveaways at DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas?
Ayres: All attendees at during any of the IT Baller presentations on Monday and Tuesday will receive an "IT Baller Pool Party Kit" consisting of a Hydroflask, swim shorts, bag, sunscreen, koozie, sunglasses and wristband for entry to the pool party at Moorea Beach Club on Wednesday, August 29 from 11am to 3pm where the second winner of the IT Baller contest will be drawn.
VMblog: What if readers are still not convinced and need more reasons to attend DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas?
Ayres: In Summary DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas is:
1. The best place to find out about what is changing with IGEL.
2. The best place to find out how to manage your Windows 10 migration.
3. The best place to find out how to optimize your endpoints for maximum user productivity.
4. The best place to find out about the future of VDI and DaaS endpoints.
5. The best place to get a FREE UD Pocket - the world's smallest thin client.
6. The best place to save millions of dollars on your VDI implementation, and if you don't ask we'll never tell!
Visit https://www.igel.com/disruptvegas/ for the latest information on DISRUPT EUC Las Vegas.