According to Forrester Research, Inc. 65 percent of information workers work from multiple locations*, and by 2016, 350 million employees will use smartphones, 200 million of whom will bring their own to work**. Additionally, Citrix research shows that workers use an average of three devices a day (link to Citrix Enterprise Mobility Study). Workers ranging from individual contributors to executives are demanding tools to enable them to be productive from any location on any device.
To address this new dynamic, businesses need a solution that allows employees to access corporate resources, such as apps and data, on any device, while maintaining tight security and policy controls. By properly managing and securing this corporate content, companies can ensure their employees are productive wherever they are, while reducing the risks associated with user data, installed apps and mobile and non-corporate owned devices.
*”Forrester Research, Forrsights Q4 2011 Workforce Survey”
**”Mobile Is The New Face Of Engagement”, Forrester Research, February 13, 2012
The Citrix enterprise mobility management solution addresses this need through a mobile container that separates work data from personal data, a cloud container that centralizes control over all apps and docs, and an app store that securely delivers this content based on an employee’s role, device, location, and connectivity. Specifically, Citrix Receiver™ an easy-to-install software client, gives users a single, secure place to access their cloud apps and locally run their native apps and data from billions of devices (read about the new enhancements to Citrix Receiver). CloudGateway provides an app store that securely delivers Windows, web, SaaS and mobile apps as well as data to employees on any device. The new version of CloudGateway brings:
- Complete, Secure Mobile App Management - IT organizations can now internally develop or purchase native iOS, Android and HTML5 mobile apps, securely manage them – just like they do for traditional Windows apps – through a policy engine that enables IT managers to set rules around how these applications can be used. For example, IT can automatically provision mobile apps to new employees when they are assigned to a role within Active Directory and then enforce policies, such as employees may only use a corporate app from a secure network or that an app will lock after three failed log-in attempts. In the event a device is lost or an employee leaves the organization, IT can instantly revoke that employee’s access and/or lock the app and wipe all of the associated data. IT can now manage mobile apps and app policies alongside all of their other Windows, web and SaaS apps to deliver a fully secure set of applications to mobile users.
- Enterprise Follow-me-Data with ShareFile – Using CloudGateway with ShareFile, companies can give employees access to their files on whichever device they choose through seamless role-based management. ShareFile accounts can be automatically provisioned and de-provisioned with CloudGateway when an employee is added to or removed from Active Directory. Once an employee has a ShareFile account, files can be accessed on any device through Citrix Receiver, and will follow the employee across all devices being used. Data associated with native mobile apps or Windows apps hosted by Citrix XenApp® is easily accessible and can follow the employee across any of the devices being used. In the event a device is lost or an employee leaves the organization, IT can remotely wipe all of the data in Citrix Receiver. (read more about ShareFile integration with CloudGateway)
“The trend toward mobile workstyles and BYOD is here today and gaining momentum. With millions of new mobile and employee-owned devices coming into the enterprise, companies are challenged to develop strategies to manage this device chaos. Only an end-to-end solution that separates work content from personal content and brings security and manageability down to the application and data level – a missing piece in today’s point solutions – can enable employee productivity and allow enterprises to support a mobile workforce while maintaining the right levels of security and control.”
- Scott Schwarzhoff , Vice President of Product Marketing, Receiver and Gateways at Citrix
CloudGateway 2 will be available in July, 2012.
- Expert blog: Receiver + ShareFile + CloudGateway: Your Mobile Enterprise – Delivered
- Expert blog: Citrix Receiver Enhancements Deliver Rich Experiences for Employees in the Office and On-The-Go
- Expert blog: You’re Mobile and We know it
- Video: “Anyone Can Adopt an App Store”
- Technical Video: “Create an App Catalog”
- Announcement: New Enterprise-Class Features for Citrix ShareFile Offer Businesses More Flexibility and Control over Data Sharing and Storage
- Announcement: Citrix CloudGateway Delivers End-user Computing for the Cloud Era
Follow Us Online
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at http://www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, CloudGateway™, Citrix Receiver™ and Citrix ShareFile™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.