NetScaler is already well established as the industry’s leading internet delivery system, touching an estimated 75 percent of internet users each day. The new NetScaler 10 release builds on this leadership to deliver the world’s most advanced “cloud networking platform”, giving customers a single integrated solution that brings the elasticity, simplicity and expandability of the cloud to networks of any size. This powerful combination helps customers deliver public and private cloud services with the best performance, security and reliability to any device. NetScaler 10 for AWS will answer the call from customers to be able to rely upon this world-class cloud network platform while using their AWS environments. With this combination, a variety of essential cloud deployment scenarios become possible.
Enables key Cloud Use Cases
NetScaler 10 for AWS will create a variety of new solutions to be explored, including:
- For customers running production on-premise, but using AWS for dev/test, NetScaler can be included within their AWS test environments, speeding time-to-production due to better mimicry of the production environment within their test environments.
- For customers using AWS for production delivery, they can front their AWS-based applications with the same core cloud networking platform used by the largest websites and clouds in the world.
- For customers implementing hybrid clouds spanning their own data centers and AWS, they can now use the same cloud networking platform in both, significantly easing the transition of applications and workloads back and forth between their own private clouds and AWS.
- For Customers using NetScaler AppFlow™, NetScaler for AWS provides unprecedented network and application visibility for AWS environments. With NetScaler AppFlow, customers can leverage their existing on-premise management tools to obtain real-time insight into application and data traffic within their AWS environments without having to install and maintain expensive and cumbersome probes and agents.
- For customers using the latest version of NetScaler 10, they will further find that the new ActionAnalytics™ capability compliments NetScaler AppFlow with real-time monitoring of web application and data traffic within the AWS environment, and provides adaptive controls to automatically change or create policy in real-time. For example, caching policy can be automatically adjusted in real-time such that the most frequently requested objects are always cached. Or, if response time exceeds a certain threshold, tracing can be automatically turned on to aid in troubleshooting.
- For customers working with MSQL, the enhanced NetScaler DataStream™ SQL intelligent load balancing and DBMS caching features of NetScaler 10 improves database scale, availability and performance for AWS-based MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server DBMS farms.
“IDC has forecast that cloud computing will account for 46% of net new growth in IT spending. As enterprise IT embraces cloud computing, it will require the ability to extend the application availability, control and visibility it relies upon in its own datacenters to the external clouds it will utilize.”
- Cindy Borovick, Program Vice President, IDC
“NetScaler 10 elevates networking beyond traditional application and service delivery controllers, creating the world’s most advanced cloud networking platform. NetScaler for Amazon Web Services builds on this to uniquely offer customers the same world-class solution for use within their AWS environments – in an elastic consumption and flexible deployment model, coupled with the same control and consistent operational management as their datacenter deployments.”
- Sunil Potti, VP and GM, NetScaler Product Group, Citrix
The technology preview of NetScaler for AWS is available now, and can be accessed athttp://www.citrix.com/netscaler/aws
- Expert Blog: "Networks Running on Clouds, That are Built on Networks" – by Morgan Gerhart
- Video: NetScaler 10 for AWS – Morgan Gerhart
- Video: Highlights of the April 16 NetScaler 10 with TriScale Technology News – Sunil Potti
April 16 NetScaler 10 with TriScale Technology News
- Expert Blog: How to Doom a Cloud: Forget Networking – by Steve Shah
- Expert Blog: Enterprise Clouds. Don't Hit the Wall – by Greg Smith
- Expert Blog: Citrix Delivers Major Blow to the Competition with NetScaler 10 TriScale Technology – by Graham Melville
- Chalk Talk Video: Citrix TriScale Technology
Follow us Online
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at http://www.citrix.com
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, Citrix Synergy™, NetScaler®, ActionAnalytics™, AppFlow™ and DataStream™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Xen® is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. managed on behalf of Xen.org, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.