- AppEnsure – Application performance ensurance in dynamic virtualized and cloud computing environments
- BuildAR – Commoditizing access to augmented reality for today, and for tomorrow’s new enterprise apps
- CumuLogic – Enabling Java platform-as-a-service in public, private and hybrid IaaS clouds
- Hey Maya – Virtual personal assistants for access to enterprise apps from mobile
- ScriptRock – A new look at configuration management – store, share and test your system configurations
The winner will be selected by an experienced panel of judges, including:
- Ramu Arunachalam - Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Paul Weinstein - founding General Partner, Azure Capital
- Frank Artale - General Partner, Ignition Capital
- Carl Showalte - General Partner, Opus Capital
- Jonathan Siegel - Principal, Right Ventures
- Jason Calacanis - CEO, Mahalo.com
- Matt Marshall - Founder and Editor-in-Chief, VentureBeat
- Martin Duursma - VP and GM, Citrix Labs
- Kumar Goswami - VP of Products, VDI-in-a-Box, Citrix
- Jesse Lipson - VP and GM, Data Sharing, Citrix
- Chris Fleck - VP of Mobility Solutions, Citrix
- Andy Cohen - VP of Corporate Development, Citrix
The IT landscape is in a period of dramatic change, shifting expectations of IT and computing capabilities and providing an opportunity for entrepreneurs to contribute their ideas. As the exceptions of the PC Era – mobile users, personal devices, and wireless access – rapidly become the assumptions of the Cloud Era, Citrix recognizes that startups can help shape the future. With the Startup Accelerator program, Citrix continues to lead innovation by enabling entrepreneurs to benefit from the global Citrix presence, its large customer base and seasoned go-to-market strategies to help further their ideas.
Second Investment Successfully Exits Startup Accelerator
In tandem with naming a new entrant into the Startup Accelerator program, Citrix will also announce that Drumbi is the second investment company to successfully exit the Accelerator upon the close of its first A-Round of funding. This news comes on the heels of Nukona’s successful acquisition by Symantec in April 2012. Since launching the program in 2011, the program has announced investments in eleven innovative companies that are poised to change the face of cloud, mobile and virtualization technologies. The successful migration path forward of both Drumbi and Nukona is testament to the value of the Citrix contribution to leading innovation in the tech industry.
At Startup.Synergy, fifteen startups will be featured including ten current portfolio companies and the five Startup.Synergy Challenge finalists. The sessions held during Startup.Synergy will focus on providing entrepreneurs with insight into the incredibly fluid IT landscape of the Cloud Era. It will provide an inside look at tomorrow’s multibillion tech companies, a framework to appreciate how quickly these companies are proliferating and showcase how the Citrix Startup Accelerator is building new bridges to this ecosystem. Registration is available online here.
“When we launched our open innovation initiative last year, we invested in companies that would stretch the technology landscape. Having the first two companies coming out successfully is a fantastic result.”
- John McIntyre, Managing Director, Citrix Startup Accelerator
“We are pleased to announce that we have closed an A-Round of funding valued at over $2,000,000. At the same time, we have gone live with LIBERTY Dental, which has more than 1 million members. We are grateful to Citrix Startup Accelerator for their role in moving us toward our success, and we look forward to seeing our friends in the Accelerator achieving similar results in the near future.”
- Shervin Talieh, CEO, Drumbi
- Expert Blog: The Big Ten by John McIntyre
- Expert Blog: Drawing Back the Curtains by Michael Harries
- Citrix Startup Accelerator page
- Startup.Synergy page
- Startup.Synergy Challenge page
Follow Us Online
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixAccel, @Jshack, @JGMc, @MichaelHarries
- Citrix Startup Accelerator on LinkedIn
- Citrix on Facebook
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at http://www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix® and Citrix Synergy™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.